Deposit Protection Mechanism
The Deposit Protection Corporation (DPC) has been established under the Deposit Protection Corporation Act, 2016 as a subsidiary of the State Bank of Pakistan (SBP).
Deposit Protection Corporation plays a role to enhance depositors’ confidence and support financial stability in the banking system. The primary objective of DPC is to protect small depositors against the losses incurred by them to the extent of protected / guaranteed amount, in the unlikely event of a bank failure.
The DPC has increased the guaranteed amount from Rs. 250,000/- to up to Rs. 500,000/- per depositor per bank with immediate effect.
For more details, please visit www.dpc.org.pk or refer below circulars:
1. Notification of Board of Directors Click Here
2. Declaration of Commencement of Business of Deposit Protection Corporation Click Here
3. Member Institutions of Deposit protection Corporation Click Here
4. Deposit Protection Mechanism for Banking Companies Click Here
*Terms and conditions apply
5. Notification for Enhancement of Guarantee Amount (Protected Deposit) From Rs. 250,000/- to Rs. 500,000/- Click Here
6.Shariah Compliant Deposit Protection Mechanism for Islamic Banking Click Here