Banking on Equality
HABIBMETRO is committed to fostering a culture that promotes gender equality and empowers women to thrive in the workplace. We are proud to highlight a few of our achievements:
- Implemented a targeted recruitment strategy and successfully onboarded female Branch Officers at all grades, ensuring equal opportunities for career growth.
- Launched the HABIBMETRO Tech Start program, which provides IT internship opportunities exclusively to women. This initiative aims to empower women with practical experience and skills in the information technology field.
- Implemented the RESTART program, designed to reintegrate women who have taken career breaks back into the workforce.
- HABIBMETRO has implemented various gender-friendly policies including Maternity Leave, Iddat Leave, Diversity & Inclusion Policy, and Gender Mainstreaming Policy, with the objective of making HABIBMETRO the primary option for women seeking employment in the banking sector.
Training and Awareness:
- Conducted periodic training and awareness sessions on the “Law of Sexual Harassment of Women at the Workplace Act 2010” to ensure a safe and respectful work environment for all employees.
- Launched a program for awareness on gender sensitization ‘Diversity for Growth: Stronger Together.’ The program is designed to create an inclusive culture and has been launched with an e-learning module to cascade awareness on gender sensitization across the bank.
Female Leadership Development:
- HABIBMETRO has launched the Female Leadership Forum, comprising of 30 leading female professionals connected with over 30 additional females across the bank. This platform fosters coaching, networking, and professional development opportunities to empower and prepare women to for career progression into senior management positions.