HABIBMETRO proudly presents Roshan Digital account, a State Bank of Pakistan initiative to provide Non-Resident Pakistanis (NRPs) a convenient solution to remit and invest funds into Pakistan for a brighter future for this country.
Roshan Digital Account
- Non-Resident Individual Pakistani
- Resident Individual Pakistani who has duly declared assets held abroad, as per wealth statement declared in the latest tax return with Federal Board of Revenue (FBR)*
*Resident individual Pakistanis interested in opening an Foreign Currency Value Account (FCVA) may visit our RDA designated branches to get their account opened. RDA designated branches are listed as follows:
- DHA Shahbaz Priority in Karachi
- DHA Z Block in Lahore
- F-7 Markaz in Islamabad
- Alfalah Court (for Islamic Banking Sirat only) in Karachi
- No Minimum Balance
- Can Remit funds into this account through foreign inward remittance via authorized banking channels
- Current and Savings Account available in PKR, USD, GBP & EURO currencies
- Available for Conventional and Islamic
- Hassle-free Repatriation of Funds
- Invest in Government Securities such as Naya Pakistan Certificates, HMB’s Term Deposit Accounts & Pakistan Stock Market
- Issuance of Debit Card and Cheque Book*
- Free Pay Order
- Free E-Statements
- Free Web Banking and HMB Mobile App Access
- Free SMS Alerts for Digital and ADC Transactions
- 24/7 RDA Support
*Note: For debit card activation and pin generation along with cheque book activation contact our 24/7 helpline.
- Foreign Currency RDA Customers can register themselves on the HabibMetro Internet Banking Service.
- Pak Rupee RDA Customers can register themselves for both HabibMetro Internet Banking Service and/or Mobile Banking App.
Naya Pakistan Certificates
Roshan Digital Account (RDA), an SBP initiative for overseas Pakistanis provides these individuals a platform to invest in Pakistan’s future by investing in Naya Pakistan Certificates (NPCs).
These certificates are sovereign government securities that generate high rate of returns for RDA customers that have various tenors ranging from 3-Months to 5-Years available in both USD and PKR currencies.
The Certificates shall be subscribed by eligible individuals (as defined in Rule 3 of NPC Rules, 2020) through Foreign Currency Value Account (FCVA) or NRP Rupee Value Account (NRVA), being marketed as Roshan Digital Accounts (RDAs) by HMB who include:
- Non-Resident Pakistani having National Identity Card.
- Foreigners having Pakistan Origin Card
- Members of Overseas Pakistanis Foundation
- An employee of the Federal Government or a Provincial Government posted abroad
- Available in PKR and USD currencies. Pak Rupee RDA customers can invest in PKR denominated certificates and Foreign Currency RDA customers can invest in USD denominated certificates
- Tenors available are 3-month, 6-month, 12-month, 3 Year and 5 Year
- USD denominated NPCs minimum investment of USD 5,000 with integral multiples of USD 1,000
- PKR denominated NPCs Minimum investment of PKR 100,000 with integral multiples of PKR 10,000
- Early encashment option available
- No Zakat Deduction
- The following rates are available against NPCs before deduction of tax:
|Tenor of Certificate||USD Denominated Certificate||PKR Denominated Certificate|
|3-Month||5.50% p.a||9.50% p.a|
|6-Month||6.00% p.a||10.00% p.a|
|12-Month||6.50% p.a||10.50% p.a|
|3-Year||6.75% p.a||10.75% p.a|
|5-Year||7.00% p.a||11.00% p.a|
Note: These rates are subject to W.H.T of 10% currently and subject to change as per the directives of SBP.
- Original Scanned Valid Identity Document (CNIC/ SNIC/ NICOP/POC, POR etc)
- Original Scan Passport Valid Passport (first two pages, Pakistan and/or foreign/other countries)
- Proof of NRP status (Scanned copy of POC, visa entry/exit stamps on passport etc.)
- Proof of profession and Source of income / Funds (scanned copies of any of the following: Job certificate, tax return, rent agreement, salary slip, etc.)
- Scanned Signature Specimen on white card (with black ink)
- Live Photo / Digital Photo
- Valid Overseas Pakistanis Foundation Membership Card (if applicable)
- FATCA / CRS declaration
- Latest Tax return with FBR duly declared assets held abroad (In case of Foreign Currency Roshan Digital Account, opened by resident individual Pakistani)
- W8ben form (if applicable)
- W9 form (if applicable)
- C-Z50 Zakat declaration form (if applicable)
- Service Charges will apply as per prevailing Schedule of Charges
- Digital acceptance of Terms & Conditions, declarations, consents, undertaking etc.
Q1. What is HABIBMETRO Roshan Digital Account?
- Roshan Digital Account is an initiative of the State Bank of Pakistan, in collaboration with commercial banks operating in Pakistan. These accounts provide innovative banking solutions for millions of Non-Resident Pakistanis (NRPs) seeking to undertake banking, payment and investment activities in Pakistan.
Q2. What does Repatriable mean?
- A Repatriable account enables you to transfer your funds from Pakistan to your country of residence / to your country of origin from the account, which was originally transferred to the RDA.
Q3. How do I repatriate my funds?
- You can repatriate your funds by initiating a request through by filling out the request form online or send the request to the RDA email (email@example.com)
Q4. Who is eligible for Roshan Digital Account?
- A customer is eligible to open an account under this product if he/she is any of the following:
- A Non-Resident Individual Pakistani
- A Resident Individual Pakistani who has duly declared assets held abroad, as per wealth statement declared in the latest tax return with Federal Board of Revenue (FBR)
Q5. Which currencies are available for HABIBMETRO RDA?
- Only PKR for NRP Rupee Value Account (NRVA) and USD, USD, GBP & EUR for Foreign Currency Value Account (FCVA) are available for the opening and operation of RDA.
Q6. Are Resident Pakistanis also eligible for the opening of RDA?
- Yes, Resident Pakistanis are also eligible for the opening of FCY RDA. It is available for only those Resident Pakistanis who have declared their assets abroad as per their wealth statement declared in the latest tax return declared to the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR).
Q7. How do I apply for RDA?
- RDA opening facility is available on HMB’s online portal.
Q8. Can I operate my account from HMB’s online RDA portal?
- No, RDA can be operated from HMB’s web banking services or mobile banking app.
Q9. How long will it take to open my account?
- The turnaround time (TAT) for the opening of RDA is two working days only, if the application submitted by the individual is complete in all respects. In case of any discrepancies, the TAT will vary in accordance with the resolution of these discrepancies.
Q10. What documents are required for the opening of RDA?
- The successful opening and activation of RDA are subject to the provision of the following documents:
Original Scanned Valid Identity Document (CNIC/ SNIC/ NICOP/POC, POR etc.)
Original Scan Passport Valid Passport
Proof of NRP status (Scanned copy of POC, visa entry/exit stamps on passport etc.)
Proof of profession and Source of income / Funds (scanned copies of any of the following: Job certificate, tax return, rent agreement, salary slip, etc.)
Scanned Signature Specimen on white card (with black ink)
Live Photo / Digital Photo
Valid Overseas Pakistanis Foundation Membership Card (if applicable)
Q11: Can I invest funds from RDA?
- Yes, you can, in financial securities such as the Naya Pakistan Certificate (NPC). You can also invest in stocks on the stock market through CDC and invest in PIBs, T-Bills and Sukuks. In addition, you can also invest your funds in a fixed-term deposit account of HABIBMETRO Bank.
Q12. Can I pay my utility bills through this account?
- Yes you can, through HMB Mobile Banking App / Web portal from your PKR account.
Q13. Is debit card facility available for HABIBMETRO RDA?
- Yes, available for PKR account only.
Q14. Is Cheque Book facility available for HABIBMETRO RDA?
Q15. Can the debit card be used for Point of Sale (POS) transactions?
- Yes, POS transactions can be done both locally and internationally at any accepted VISA POS terminal.
Q16. What is HABIBMETRO Bank’s hPOS facility?
With HMB’s exclusive hPOS feature, where a customer can withdraw money from any HMB branch counter through his / her ATM Debit Card.
Q17. How can I request for a Cheque Book?
- Cheque Book can be requested online via mobile/web banking. The Cheque Book will be delivered through an international courier service at your mailing address where courier charges will be applicable.
Q18. How can I request for a Debit Card?
- Debit Card can be requested online via mobile/web banking. The Debit Card will be delivered through an international courier service at your mailing address where courier charges will be applicable. Debit Card charges will also be applicable as per the schedule of charges.
Q19. Can I withdraw funds internationally through the Debit Card?
- Yes, ATM withdrawal facility is available internationally through Debit Card.
Q20. Are there any deductions on NRVA Savings Account?
- Yes, Zakat, withholding tax and other government levies, where applicable, are deductible from this account.
Q21. Are there any deductions on FCVA Savings Account?
- Yes, withholding tax and other government levies, where applicable, are deductible from this account.
Q22. Is Zakat deductible from Roshan Digital Savings Account?
- For PKR RDA Account – Zakat is deductible as per Zakat & Ushr Ordinance of 1980
For FCY RDA Account – Zakat is not applicable.
Q23. What are Naya Pakistan Certificates?
- The Government of Pakistan issues Naya Pakistan certificates to enable RDA holders to invest in short term and long term certificates and earn high returns.
Q24. Which currencies are available for Naya Pakistan Certificates?
- Naya Pakistan Certificates are available both in PKR and USD, only PKR account holders can avail PKR certificates, and FCY account holders can avail USD certificates.
Q25. What tenors are available for Naya Pakistan Certificates?
- Naya Pakistan Certificates are available in 3-month, 6-month and 12-month, 3 Year & 5 years tenors.
Q26. Can I make investments under RDA?
- Yes, as an RDA holder, you are eligible to invest in real estate, government securities and HMB’s term deposit accounts.
Q27. How can I invest in Naya Pakistan Certificates?
- You can invest in Naya Pakistan Certificates through the HABIBMETRO bank’s mobile banking app or web banking services.
Q28. Is Premature Encashment facility available for NPC?
- Yes, the investors can have premature encashment of their certificates. Premature encashment proceeds shall be worked-out such that rate of return accruing to that investor is equivalent to the rate of return of the nearest shorter maturity of Certificates or such rate as may be notified by Finance Division from time to time. However, no profit shall be paid in case of encashment of certificates before completion of (three) months.
Q29. Is the NPC subject to tax on profit payment?
- Yes, the profit of the Certificate will be subject to deduction of 10% (ten percent) Withholding Tax on profit at source, i.e. profit payment will be made net of tax deduction.
If you require further information or wish to provide any feedback or queries on Roshan Digital Account, you may also visit State Bank of Pakistan’s website at http://www.sbp.org.pk/RDA/index.html or email at RDAsupport@sbp.org.pk